In this episode, we are going to be talking with Sheena Yap Chan of the Tao of Self Confidence Podcast!
The Tao of Self Confidence Podcast is a show to boost the self-confidence of Asian women. Spanning over 750 episodes (!!), Sheena has been on this amazing quest to share their voices, sharing their stories, vulnerabilities, and lessons, to empower her listeners. I am personally a fan of Sheena, she has done so much for the Asian podcasting community. The first time I saw her name was when she wrote an ultimate list of Asian podcast! It was one of the influences in me starting this show.
We talk about:
- How she built over 750 compact, powerful episodes
- The factors that affect self-confidence in Asian women
- Her personal story in what compelled her to start podcasting
- Our thoughts on Asian identity
Enjoy the episode!
- 03:02 Lacking support systems for Asian women: Sheena’s story in starting her show
- 06:09 Sheena’s Tao: Building self-confidence
- 07:39 “As women, we are harsh to ourselves” Why Sheena thinks this happens
- 10:23 Short, powerful episodes: Sheena shares her reasons and interview process
- 16:32 “There’s people out there who don’t see your worth, but don’t make it you”: Creating something for yourself as an Asian woman
- 18:39 The labels Asian women get from society and pushing past that narrative
- 20:56 How can we support women who go through these struggles? Sheena shares her thoughts
- 24:40 The biggest lesson Sheena learned about herself: Self-love
- 26:42 What made her realise how short life is
- 31:00 What Sheena would like to see more of in the Asian podcasting scene
The Tao of Self Confidence Links
- Podcast Link
- Facebook Page
- Ultimate List of Asian Hosted Podcasts
Sheena’s Social Media
Like the show?